Legionella is a dangerous bacteria that lives, among others, into distribution of hot water, cooling towers, condensers, taps, rivers or ponds. And it is very important to know how to remove legionella in our business.
This bacterium is only dangerous when it is sprayed through the cooling pipes, inhaled she reaches our lungs. We must therefore take special care with water sprays from terraces, as they can harbor the legionella bacteria.
How to remove Legionella from my cooling tower?
To eliminate legionella must use biocides, anti-corrosives and descalers, which prevent scale calcareous. You have to call to a specialized company that will help you get the system in perfect conditions.
The most important thing is to use a good biocide, as there are different types.
- Oxidizing Biocides: They oxidize matter and cause the death of the bacteria. They are composed primarily of chlorine.
- Hipoclorito TR.
- Biocides based on peracetic acid and hydrogen peroxide: They act as dispersants of the biofilm, they inhibit the growth of bacteria, molds and algae and decompose in the form of carbon dioxide and water.
- Detial D-70 TR
- Non-oxidizing biocides: They interfere with cell metabolism and kill Legionella.
- Lubacin A-TR.
- Glutaraldehyde based biocides: They very effective against bacteria, destroing proteins and eliminating Legionella.
- Lubacin S.
- Guanidines based biocides: They stop the cellular reactions of Legionella and removes her. They are harmless, odorless and slightly irritating.
Furthermore, the descalers reduce calcareous and scale of the pipes to prevent legionella can retreat.
Anti-corrosion products, formes a protective film that don’t allows Legionella instalation.