If in your business you prepare and sell food, you should take extra care when cleaning work surfaces and tools used to prepare it, to eliminate a dangerous bacteria: Listeria monocytogenes.
Bacteria and viruses are very strong and if you don’ use the right products with the HA registers, dangerous microorganisms as Listeria monocytogenes may contaminate food in your bussines.
The Salmonella typhimurium or E. coli bacteria are the best known, but there are other organisms that can make us severely sick, as the bacterium Listeria monocytogenes.
Listeria monocytogenes is a bacterium that causes food infections with 20 or 30 % mortality, in the case ofpregnant women, it can provoke an abortion. Furthermore it is a rather resistant microorganism, because it may appear in a temperature range between 1 °C and 45 °C.
To eliminate efficiently this bacteria use a biocide disinfectant that complies with appropriate regulations for use in food industry, as Detial D-320-N. It is a product that eliminates a broad spectrum of microorganisms, includingGram + and Gram-as well as others related to food industry, such as Listeria monocytogenes.
In addition to HA register, this product complies standard 13697 UNE_EN for bactericidal activity at 10 % and the1650 UNE_EN for fungicidal activity at 1 %. It operates in a wide temperature range and can be used on surfaces, applied by spraying or immersion, always leaving it to act on for several minutes and rinsing with water
Please note that Listeria monocytogenes:
- Don’t develops in a acidic medium, so we can use these products to prevent its development.
- To prevent its development you must preserve milk to less than 4 °C.
- Beware of cross-contamination: Cooked food should not come in contact at any time with raw ones.
- Workers with symptoms of this disease should not handle food.
- Cook food at elevated temperatures and for long enough to remove the bacteria.
- Wash and disinfect the vegetables properly.
- In meat industry, it is important that meat is not mixed withfaeces during slaughter of animals.
- Cooling equipment should reach temperature ranges under 4 ºC.